Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Life is becoming less of a mystery.

I haven't updated in a while. Partly because I don't have much to show you, mostly because I've been doing what I consider more important things right now. Don't take that as to say I haven't been thinking about my art or game design goals, because I have, I've been working on small projects but mainly I've been working on my larger goals of self improvement.
I've been working on self promotion in the form of my in-progress portfolio site, which I hope to fill with better things as this upcoming semester progresses, and of course get a domain name for. Which brings me to my other activity, making money for that, going to GDC in March and some minor school expenses.
I've been reading a lot, inundating my mind with all kinds of new ideas and imagery in the hopes that it will come in handy this year when I'll be needing ideas the most and also just to feed my craving for knowledge and pretty words. This exploration is really what opened my eyes to the fact that I've been holding back my true potential. I found something within me that I hadn't really noticed before, and if I had, chose not to nurture.
When I mentioned self improvement up there I did not mean that I am trying to change myself. It has become clear to me very recently that there is nothing wrong with me or in need of change, except maybe my perspective. I just need to take what I thought was my greatest weakness, accept it and make it instead, my greatest strength. Needless to say I am feeling a lot more confident about my future goals now that I have realized this.

So heres to this upcoming school year, I'm looking forward to it now more than ever, and without trepidation.



No comments:

Post a Comment