Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Frustration and Time

The concept of time is what I consider the worst aspect of life. It's just so oppressive. I'm always waiting for things, trying to have time for things, planning, trying to be on time, meet deadlines, it's exhausting. Time flies when it shouldn't and lags when I don't want it to. I'm always thinking of back then and someday, and worst of all, I always feel like I'm wasting it.

But unfortunately I can't sleep without hearing a ticking clock...


And isn't that just the way things always go? You

can't go on without the one thing that drives you the craziest.

Just a quick sketch inspired by the classic story, "'Repent, Harlequin!' Said the Ticktockman" by Harlan Ellison. I've been reading a lot. I've also been trying to do more art just for me, things I like, things I'm inspired to do, trying to not just become another artist for the machine. I have my whole life to create what people tell me to.

Oh, and I got myself a shiny new computer, if that doesn't make me feel better, nothing will. Hopefully that will facilitate my getting some work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment